In the 5 months of 2016, I have written 2 posts (not including this one, which technically makes it 3). Pathetic, I know. I'm sure writers everywhere are scoffing at the lack of dedication.
With summer just around the corner for this educator, I fully see myself writing more posts here on Certainly Candid. I won't, however, make any empty promises. I am working on a novel project. While not "top-secret" by any means, I will share some teasers in the upcoming months. I am excited to announce that I am almost done with my proposals for it, in which case I will be shipping them off to various literary agencies with the hope for them to be passed along to publishing companies.
In the meantime, this post is dedicated to telling you what's happening in the life of Olivia.
Here's What's Happenin'
1. I have a stack of books a mountain high. Among them, Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly, Finding Fraser by K.C. Dyer, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews, and After You by JoJo Moyes, to name a few. I'm currently 61 pages into Finding Fraser, so you can expect a book review in the near future.
2. I am considering a roadtrip in the near future, now that summer is almost here. Where to? I'm not sure yet, nor the length of said roadtrip. I'm exploring my options, but you can rest assured that there will be blog posts to go with it.
3. As previously mentioned, I have several other writing projects going on. One of which involves copious notes on the 1950s and history of the time period. My writing nook is a current disaster, but hey, writers are known for being messy, right?
4. The 2015-2016 school year is coming to a close. While I will miss my students (as I do every year), I am looking forward to throwing all my energy into my projects that I do not have the time or freedom to working on during the year. DIY, writing, music, etc. The list is very long, and I am very excited to tackle it.
5. Begin planning my next steps regarding travel and career. I'm a few steps closer to having the financial freedom to pursue more travel, as well as the opportunity to further my education.
In short: stay tuned, dear readers. Many dreams are still coming down the road.